Friday, October 23, 2009

ACT

ACT: Activists … Choose … Today

Dictionary.com lists as a definition for Activist …"an especially active, vigorous advocate of a cause". This started me thinking: Am I an Activist for anything? Is there a cause I am passionate about? There certainly is no shortage of causes that are important. Rather than focusing on any single cause I want to instead comment briefly on the "active" part of an Activist.

When I think of ACT I connect it with … ACTIVISTS CHOOSE TODAY. In other words, now is the time to ACT. Not everything can be done in a single day, but there are a lot of important things that can be done if we open ourselves to what is possible. It is easy to put things off until tomorrow in the hectic world of today. But do we recognize the good we can accomplish each day? So I am challenging myself to examine what I can do "Today". Today is a gift we have been given and I need to explore how I can make the day the best it can be for myself, my family and for others.

Are there things that would be important for you to ACT on today? If you ACT what will be the impact? Think of the possibilities … think of the difference taking "action" can have on the world around you.

Signing off for now - LD Guy from MN

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes my energy can get a little "sluggish" (like this morning), and it happens to all of us. This "backronym" really serves to focus, organize, and "activate" my mission. "ACT: Activists... Choose... Today" is definitely going into my "personal growth journal" as a motivator. Thanks Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Thomas for sharing about how ACT can help you focus and "activate" your mission. Your support is much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete